What determines the Braces Cost?
Braces cost takes into consideration many factors such as:
- Experience and skills set of clinical providers. Dr Poon Kee Hwang is a Dean’s List, certified Orthodontic (Braces) Specialist and a Platinum Elite Invisalign Provider.
- Complexity of the face and bite problems such as:
- Patients who require Braces for jaw surgery to correct skeletal imbalances
- High orthodontic anchorage cases that require anchorage mechanics such as micro implants
- Dentofacial-orthopedics to rebalance facial imbalances in a growing patient etc.
- Multi-disciplinary cases with complex tooth movements and staging
- Braces Material choice:
- Metal-colourful braces cost the lowest
- Incognito Lingual braces are usually the most costly as they are customised via CAD-CAM technology and cast in gold alloy for a slim, precision fit
Coloured Fixed Braces
- The most affordable braces.
- It’s fun! You can have a rainbow on your teeth.
- More emergency visits due to brackets drop or wire out.
- Difficult to clean as foods often get stuck on between brackets and coloured module.
Damon Q Fully Metal Fixed Braces
- Easier to clean compared with coloured braces as its brackets are smaller and no modules around.
- Emergency visits almost none due to its advanced clip on system.
- Not suitable for patients who is looking for invisible braces.
Damon Clear Ceramic Fixed Braces
- Lips will tend to protrude more as the brackets are thicker.
- Change how you eat to prevent stains.
Invisalign Removable Aligners
- Transparent and comfortable.
- Prevent tooth decay as you can remove the aligners to brush teeth as per normal.
- Good for tight schedule/ travelers.
- Cost more than coloured & Damon system fixed braces.
- Longer treatment time if compliance is poor.
Incognito Lingual Braces
- Luxurious gold braces behind your teeth.
- 100% customized from Germany.
- Fixed on with strong control of teeth.
- Low risk of getting white spots on the front teeth.
- Shorter treatment time compared with other invisible braces.
- The most expensive braces.
- Longer in-clinic treatment.
How to pay for Braces treatment at MyBracesClinic?
Your smile is your personality and we want to make it easy for you to receive the best care available.
Therefore we have interest-free instalments for your treatment plans.
For your convenience, we accept the following payment methods:
- Internet banking transfer
- MASTER CARD
- AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Medisave (for MOH approved procedures)
- BABY BONUS NETS SERVICE:
- Your child’s Baby Bonus Card can be used to pay for Braces treatment for the children in your family.
- Please bring along the birth certificates to certify the family relationship.
Can Insurance pay for braces?
Before starting any treatment, it is important to check with your insurance advisor on your dental coverage and policy start date. We are happy to provide you with a detailed diagnosis and quotation report for insurance submission before starting orthodontic treatment.
For patients with insurance coverage, our policy is for patients to make payment first. MyBracesClinic will then assist in completing the necessary insurance claim forms for the patient to submit to the insurance company. The insurance company will subsequently reimburse the patient directly.
Insurance companies that MyBracesClinic commonly assists for claims include: